Saturday, May 4, 2013

1 Corinthians 3:11


A few months ago the Lord kind of took me to this verse in a way. I went in to a two week time with not much going on. I had no agenda or reading plan or meetings just open to what ever God wanted to show or tell me. I think some of it was a reminder or confirmation and also some new things for me I think for where He is leading me. I wasn’t reading in 1st Corinthians it just came to me in my time with Him.

I built the first 38 years of my life on the wrong foundation. While some of the things in my life were good per say they did not last or hold up. Definitely glad for this finally happening in my life so I could receive the true eternal foundation in Jesus Christ that never fails. Isaiah 28:16 “Therefore the Lord GOD said:" Look, I have laid a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; the one who believes will be unshakable.” Before you can build anything of eternal value you must have the right foundation Jesus Christ. Praise God for His plan, the Holy Spirit, sending Jesus, His kingdom, and being able to have eternal life in Heaven where we will walk with God. Praise God for the prophets, the apostles who started the church and His Word, the bible.

The thing that spoke to me in this time is 1 Corinthians 3:10 “According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.” God took me to but let each one take heed how he builds on it. We need to take heed because like it says our work will be tested with fire. Fire separates and tests the value of our works. Will it have value and bring glory to God. So it is very important for a man to take heed how and what he uses to build with. What gifts, talents, abilities time, and resources, etc. has God given but above all to know how special and loved we are by God so we can love and bless others. It has been my experience that every person has been given much from the Lord it just needs to be discovered , understood, nurtured, an opportunity, and available or willing. Each person is responsible for what they have been given. Matthew 25:14-30 is a good scripture to read to help us understand that there is a responsibility to use what we have been given. This is how the blue letter bible defines heed in the Greek word βλέπω blepō 991.

1) to see, discern, of the bodily eye
    a) with the bodily eye: to be possessed of sight, have the power of seeing
    b) perceive by the use of the eyes: to see, look descry
    c) to turn the eyes to anything: to look at, look upon, gaze at
   d) to perceive by the senses, to feel
   e) to discover by use, to know by experience
   2) metaph. to see with the mind's eye
   a) to have (the power of) understanding
   b) to discern mentally, observe, perceive, discover, understand
   c) to turn the thoughts or direct the mind to a thing, to consider, contemplate, to look at, to weigh carefully, examine
   3) in a geographical sense of places, mountains, buildings, etc. turning towards any quarter, as it were, facing it.

When a person accepts Christ they are reborn spiritually and receive the Holy Spirit, God and Jesus is inside you. There are scriptures that teach us this, John 1:12-13 “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” 1 Corinthians chapter 2, 2 Corinthians 1:22, Ephesians 1:13-14, Colossians 1:27. Being reborn and having the Holy Spirit helps us to have a mind like Christ. See things not from a worldly perspective or worldly wisdom but God’s way and understanding or wisdom from God. Romans 12:2 “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” I really like this verse in the ESV because it says that by testing you may discern what is the will of God.

I can only write what God is speaking to me. Someone else may have a different view because of who they are. Having the Holy Spirit and hearing and reading God’s word is what changes us and helps us understand God’s will and who we are in the Lord. But I also know it is the journey or experience or testing that is a big part of helping us know who we are in Christ and how he wants us to build in his kingdom. I think for me and most men I know or have spent time with this does not happen only in meetings and is not easy, it happens on a journey with your master. Being taught over and over and taking spiritual gift test are helpful but also being led, the journey, experience walking with the Lord, failures, help us discover and have understanding what God wants to do through us. God has shown me that even my life before I knew Him from when I was a kid and experiences plays a part and is used in discovering his will and how he wants to use me. 

     In a geographical sense of places, mountains, buildings, etc. turning towards any quarter, as it were, facing it. Becoming like Christ, God’s timing, learning, waiting, maturing and having more understanding and wisdom. I also think there is time when you go and take your journey, you turn toward the place or area He wants you to be in and you take the word of God your sword, gifts, talents, and experiences and use them for his glory and Kingdom. I really try to seek the Lord and discover as I walk with Him. I think this is a pretty special process that takes place in a person’s relationship with the Lord. I can remember when I first started to discover and learn more of who I am in the Lord. It is really hard to put that time into words but it was and still is a very special intimate thing that happens in my relationship with the Lord. I know the ministry Christian Mentors Network that I am in can really help a person in this process. Anytime you have a mentor or brother to walk with you to help you have a deeper relationship with the Lord and apply the Word of God to your life will help discover on your journey. I have an opportunity to work with men which is a huge help in my own growth in the Lord. I also get to watch God transform men’s hearts and help them discover who they are in the Lord. To watch a man have an opportunity, vision, plan, purpose, and the tools to go on the journey to further God’s Kingdom and invest in others is very special to me and continues to be for men. To watch a man change before your eyes and then be used by God to bless others regardless of age, personality, or what they have been through is a very cool God thing. To reap we have to sow.

Matthew 28:18-20 “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”







No comments:

Post a Comment